Skip to main content

Wind Rush

With wind rushing
through the reeds
I close my eyes
I feel the breeze
on my cheeks
and take
a deep breath in.

I hear the grebe
calling across the water.
I breathe out deeply;
The warm day
has brought
spring birds
whistling from their canopies.

I open my eyes
I smell the freshness
through my nostrils.
The swan glides past smoothly,
unaware of myself.
The comfort
of nature surrounds me. 


Melanie

 

Currently Popular Poems:

Dunwich Heath Cliff

Beachen sand, coastal gravel Heave and spew with every wave Are fixed above my head Banks of sand, clots of gravel Two million-years adrift Are rolling at my feet Same old, same old Dunwich Cliff, Dunwich Beach: The poetry of sediment remains Tim

First Wave

Some we lost, for some it was days, for some it simply never went away. Three years of changes, yet no change at all.  It’s like the infection put up a wall. Now 2 million people whose lives have been changed, life plans on hold, p ermanently re-arranged. Anon, For Long Covid Sufferers

Lace-like Shadows

Dancing with lace-like shadows of forgotten worlds, the tortoiseshell creeps slowly, the last energies to lie upon the rough bark. With folded wings, Madame butterfly is no more til Spring. Charlotte